Armagh Junior Hurling Championship

Discussion in 'Armagh Club & County Hurling' started by bainisteoir, Aug 3, 2012.

1. bainisteoir

bainisteoir Administrator Staff Member

Armagh Junior Hurling Championship
    The two quarter-finals in the Armagh Junior Hurling championship will take place as follows:-
    Sunday 5[SUP]th[/SUP] August
    Armagh Junior Hurling Championship Quarter-final (1.00)
    Dromintee: Craobh Rua v Killeavy
    Tuesday 7[SUP]th[/SUP] August
    Armagh Junior Hurling Championship Quarter-final (7.30)
    Grange: Derrynoose v St Malachy’s
  2. nrico2006

nrico2006 Member

Slightly off topic, but the league has been a disaster this year. I know there are certain teams that have only maybe had one league game since June and 2 since May. I think its time to go back to 2 Divisions.
  3. corrinshego

corrinshego Well-Known Member

Craobh Rua won by 2, 0-14 to 1-09.
  4. wingback

wingback Member

any word on derrynoose v portadown game last nite?
  5. I'm up!

I'm up! New Member

Derrynoose 2:19, Portadown 2:09

Watched this game on Tuesday night. Derrynoose put in a good performance in the first half but seemed to fade in the second. Some good scores!! Did I hear right, that these fixtures were only decided at a County Board meeting the Wednesday (6 days) before?? If true, simply not good enough from our CB!!
  6. mrgaa1

mrgaa1 Well-Known Member

Very strange that it seems the dual clubs, keady, Middletown, Derrynoose, killeavy etc.... Are playing hurling and football championships at the same time. Must be difficult for them clubs to prepare properly for relevant games especially since very few clubs played anything in July.
    Good luck to them
  7. southarmagh1

southarmagh1 Member

good result for the noose, other semi final is on Tuesday night in granemore! craobh rua vs middletown II
  8. southarmagh1

southarmagh1 Member

disagree totally, craobh rua missed alot of chances, had they have taken them, middletown would have been dead and buried first half!!
  9. I'm up!

I'm up! New Member

Funny that's not the way i remember last years semi final going! Camlough were in the game right up until the last 8-10 mins! Derrynoose will need to come at Camlough at a high tempo, right from the start if they're to win this one!
  10. corrinshego

A bit off topic but why did you change your name on these forums from 'DoireNuis' to 'Cornerback'? Unless you're on the run from the fraud squad which might explain it!?

I agree that Derrynoose will be big favourites to win the final, I'd prefer to see Craobh Rua do it though.
  11. whitey

whitey Member

deed poll? :laugh: :laugh:
  12. BanterPanther

BanterPanther Member

Hope Croabh Rua win this one, they seem to have been getting stronger all year
  13. southarmagh1

southarmagh1 Member

Athletic Grounds @2 O'clock
  14. wingback

wingback Member

unfortunatly for craobh rua i cant see them winning their first county title this year, think derrynoose are the strongest junior team in the county at the min,
  15. BanterPanther

BanterPanther Member

predictions for tommorrows games? senior and junior?
  16. bainisteoir

Craobh Rua & Derrynoose draw in Armagh Junior Championship final
  17. BanterPanther

BanterPanther Member

Derrynoose v Croabh Rua was a very tight game from the beginning, but in my ipinion Croabh Rua should be kicking themselves for not beating Derrynoose as this was the worst display of hurling i have seen Derrynoose play all year. The replay may tell a different story only time will tell.
  18. bainisteoir

19. corrinshego

Any word on when the replay is?
  20. bainisteoir

Junior Hurling Championship Final Replay (Extra time, if necessary)
    Saturday 15th September
    Craobh v Derrynoose @ Morgan Athletic Grounds - 5.30pm