Linwoods Armagh TV

Senior Championship

Discussion in 'Armagh Club & County Hurling' started by pomaceous, Aug 17, 2012.

1. pomaceous

pomaceous Well-Known Member

Any predictions for tomoro evening? or the final even?
  2. Cornerback

Cornerback Member

middletown to win..easily
  3. pomaceous

easily? I'd say they are the better team but in a championship match surely both teams will front up. I see the game is at MAG and not Derrynoose as worringly stated during the week
  4. pomaceous

Bit of a nail-biter in the end. Certainly Middletown and probably Keady will be kicking themselves. Middletown should have had it won at H/T. Up by 6 (even after hitting 8 wides) and totally dominant across the pitch - especially their 4 man HB line and Maguire on the wing. Some of the wides were horrific. A couple of frees could have been put over with the proverbial stick of rhubarb. Whatever they said at H/T backfired or was outdone by the wise words of the Keady managment. Middletown lost intensity and their control of the middle. Keady fought back manfully and picked off their scores aided by a goal from a long free by the keeper. In the strong sunlight I (and the people around me) hadn't a clue if it was touched in flight but a gaol it was. Keady took the lead for the first time in the last minute. Middletown got a late equaliser.

The star of the show was Micky Geoghegan - head steward. There was 4 or five people behind me who complained that the camera was blocking their view of one of the corners on the stand side. They launched into abuse of the cameraman and yelled at the stewards to have him moved. This went on for a while. The stewards called for their chief. Micky politely (well -ish) pointed out the obvious "there are the guts of 5,000 empty seats - Move!" Fair play. I'll bear him in mind when I'm changing the motor.
  5. southarmagh1

southarmagh1 Member

so it was a draw?
  6. Cornerback

Cornerback Member

Keady 1.11- 0.14 Middletown
  7. ThrowBall

ThrowBall Well-Known Member

Funny game. Keady were useless in the first half but Middletown collapsed after the goal. Still they escaped with a draw and suspect they will win replay. For so many good hurling people I was disappointed to see so many leave and not hang about for a bit of junior game.
  8. unthinkable

unthinkable Well-Known Member

What was the result in the junior game ps I watched the 1st 15 mins of it poor game
  9. ThrowBall

ThrowBall Well-Known Member

Derrynoose won by about 15 points. Glad to hear you caught a bit of it!
  10. deeceespain

deeceespain Active Member

Thanks for the reports lads .We cant get the Milford Observer here.
  11. Cornerback

Cornerback Member

derrynoose won the game 4.12-0.08
  12. bainisteoir

bainisteoir Administrator Staff Member

Middletown v Keady Replay is due to be played in Morgan Athletic Grounds on Friday at 7pm
  13. Cornerback

Cornerback Member

C'mon Middletown, just the wake up call they needed!
  14. pomaceous

Great that the game is at MAG again. Could one of the IFC matches be moved there for a double header? It would make sense from a stewarding point of view, give a bit of value to all fans and maybe introduce a few of the "strictly big-ball" fraternity to the wee ball game.
  15. pomaceous

Hmmmmm

&

Tell me how did you work it out?
  16. pomaceous

I see a few comments elsewhere about the inconsistent nature of video coverage of the football championship. I agree that we are lucky to have the coverage we have. Is there any similar hurling coverage - certainly of the 2 senior championship matches? (plus replay)

I note there was a camera at the Keady v Middletown. It was on the stand side whereas the football matches seem to be recorded from a gantry on the other side. Was this part of the same system or a private endeavour? Will any footage make it on to the fourm?
  17. unthinkable

2 senior championship matches? there has only been 1 with only 3 teams entering it?
  18. pomaceous

Indeed there has only been one but I believe that there are plans for the eventual winners of the semi-final to play the Armagh based Cuchulianns club in a "final"
  19. unthinkable

your first statement was mis leading "video of 2 champioship matches" indicated there had been 2 played. but u have clarified that even if it was a sarcastic reply.
  20. pomaceous

my initial post was "2 games (plus replay)" and would ordinarily not need clarification

I think the "plus replay" reference would be enough to make the reader aware that I was including games, as yet unplayed