Terms of Reference
- It shall organise regular training courses / seminars / meetings for Referees, Umpires and Linesmen through the Referee Tutors
- It shall hold written examinations on the Playing Rules for all Referees as often as deemed necessary, and shall submit a report on the results of such examinations to Coiste Bainistí
- It shall hold physical fitness tests for all Referees as often as deemed necessary, and shall submit a report on the results of such fitness tests to Coiste Bainistí
- It shall organise a continuous programme of assessing referees, as an effective means of promoting and maintaining good refereeing standards and progressing referees in their careers, and shall submit a summary report of such assessments to Coiste Bainistí every quarter
- It shall liaise with the Coaching and Games Development Committee to ensure that the Referee Education Programme is structured into strategic planning
- It shall hold periodic briefings with Club Officers and Team Managers to update them on the application of the rules of both Hurling & Gaelic Football by Referees.
It shall hear feedback from all participants to enable a greater understanding of the roles and responsibilities of referees
- It shall report to Coiste Bainistí at least twice a year.
- It shall prepare a summary report on its activities to be submitted to An Rúnaí by the (Date) for inclusion in the Annual Convention Booklet